Thursday, February 19, 2015

Vaudeville, Burlesque and Cabaret

  I enjoy going to see live stage productions.  Since I was a child, I've grown up watching all the Disney movies and many times pretended I was one of the characters in it.  One of the top places I would like to travel to is New York City. While I'm there I would like to see a Broadway play.  I have seen a few Broadway musicals when they came to Orlando but I feel nothing can compare to actually seeing one in the Big Apple.  One of my favorite shows I saw was Wicked.  Musical productions seem to mesmerize me.  Although vaudeville, burlesque and cabaret were before my time, viewing these shows was entertaining.  The way these shows were performed back in the 19th and 20th century would not be as popular today.  People today want to see more action, violence and nudity I feel.  I have often considered getting a minor degree in theatre production.

No comments:

Post a Comment